Wait for the Lord! Be strong and LET your heart take courage.

My life, as God lives in me. To Him be the Glory and honor forever, Amen.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wow, it's raining all kinds of things!

Can you believe how much rain we are getting? I can't believe it, personally. I went to visit my parents for family game night on Saturday, and had to park on the street, and wade in! It was crazy. I think this is the first time I have ever seen that with my own eyes.

My roommates Rebecca, Erina, and Boram are back from Kenya, and I am so glad to have them back. It's kind of strange though, because it feels like they never left, really. I am sad, though, because Debi was staying with us in the house to help take care of Oscar, the cat, and she isn't here at the house when I come home anymore. She doesn't come home to our house, and I miss having her around in the house. Hopefully she will get to stay with us often! :D

I have been so encouraged lately by the our God. As you know, I have been teaching myself what I don't already know in Mandrain, which is a lot! I don't have a desire to go to China, I just enjoy languages and learning. It's cheaper to teach yourself than pay almost $400 for one class that I may or may not attend. I have never liked going to class. It's much to structured. I like to go at my own pace, and learn what I need to know, not what a class wants to teach me according to their own goals.

I just sort of picked Mandrain out of Japanese and Korean because it is the most interesting, and it is what I knew most of out of the three. We don't even have any internationals from China in our homegroup, but I picked it anyway. Ever since, God has been confirming to me that I have selected wisely. I was told the other day by 2 different customers at different times that it will be in high demand in the upcoming years, and my district manager told me that they need partners who can speak Mandrain to go to China to help train employees for stores over there. I can hardly imagine being paid to go to China. Wow!!! Maybe I won't be leaving Starbucks as soon as I thought. :D

So far, I have been able to learn 40 Characters, and am learning more, but I am trying to know more words than characters, which is not all that difficult since characters are HARD! I am having a lot of fun with it though.

I am attending a prophecy class at our church, and it's just learning how to hear from God in different ways. One way it through our dreams. I don't feel like I dream that much, but since I started to take this class, I realize I dream much more often than I think. hehe. dream more than I think... that's a little funny, right?. Anyway, it has been neat to explore that a little, and it is pretty interesting.

Coming home from home group last night, I feel like God is really giving me some ideas about where to go from here, but more about that later, they are just ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home