Wait for the Lord! Be strong and LET your heart take courage.

My life, as God lives in me. To Him be the Glory and honor forever, Amen.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Overwhelmed!!

I have been so overwhelmed with so many things lately, but the most positive is the garage sale that we have just had this past Saturday. God gave me the idea to have a garage sale to raise money for the Japan Mission trip that so many of my friends are going on this May. From start to finish, I have been overwhelmed by the support from the Japan team for this crazy idea. There have been so many members of the team and others that helped me from passing out flyers to collect items from others who had things to donate from their garage sales, to gathering the items that night (6 car loads full), everyone's donations to the garage sale, making signs for the streets, and the people actually running the garage sale (even though I was at work for the entire morning), to the generousity of the buyers, and especially overwhelmed with God for holding back the rain for the most part of the morning. It was all together a blessing. We were able to raise $560 for the team. My roommates balance was able to be finished off, and able to make a dent in for 2 other team members. Praise God for his provision!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger hollie* said…

    awesome. so glad i got to be a part of the sukho thai "i've got this idea" session :):)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home